- Cloud / Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Mobility Technology
- Social Media
- Personalized systems
Exceeding Expectations: Catering to Next Generation Guests (Some of the technology trends shaping the hospitality industry)
- Latest Devices:People are bringing more devices into hotels than ever before – tablets, laptops, etc. Hotels should strive to provide enough bandwidth to accommodate these many devices, though tiered Wi-Fi services are becoming quite common (with ‘basic’ being for browsing and email, and ‘paid’ being for streaming video).
- Wi-Fi:Providing solid and good internet connectivity in every property will be a MUST
- Language Translating Mobile Apps:Apps will be increasingly useful in facilitating international meetings and travel by translating text instantaneously (Word Lens)
- Guest service apps for phones: are going to become integral to both large and small hotels. They’ll be able to perform a wide array of tasks – they can reserve rooms, order room service, make spa appointments, control the drapes and thermostat, provide reminders for guests, and even unlock the door.
- JW Marriot, Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG),ITC Hotels have started using Mobile apps such as ‘”Hotel Tonight App” which offer 3 hotel option per night (stated by JW Marriot) from 12 PM to 2 AM to book room and secure deal. Another one is Win IT which gives user location by using GPS feature, checks hotel facilities
- Hi Tech Accessories in Guest room:Guestrooms may become enhanced with some pretty amazing features – interactive bathroom mirrors that can be used as touchscreens to check email and weather, Hi-Can beds, and TV displays projected on walls or glass screens.
- Social Media:The hotel industry obviously needs to get networking – using social media platforms to engage with customers, clients, and potential guests.
- Automatic Door opernes through Mobile Apps: Keyless entry via mobile apps is now a reality. New properties in the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites in the United States are making use of a mobile app – OpenWays – which lets guests bypass the front desk and use their mobile phones as a mobile key.
- Property Management System: Amadeus, launched the Amadeus Hotel Platform, a centralized above-property solution that will transform the way hotels do business. Built around one comprehensive database, and available as a Software as a Service model (SaaS) it combines central reservation, property management and global distribution systems into one fully integrated platform. Offering a single and real-time view of the entire business, Amadeus Hotel Platform allows hoteliers to deliver innovative and new guest services, generate additional revenues and also quickly react to market changes as new trends, behaviors and demands emerge.
- Smart Phones:Another example of cutting-edge innovation is the smart phone-based OpenWays technology – If the guest is arriving, hotel can text the guest, ‘Welcome,’”. “If the guest will tell to hotel staff when he land, we’ll check you in and send your room assignment, and you can go straight to your room and use your smartphone as your room key.
- Latest iris scan technology. Guest have no key, no card, nothing needed to open the door except looking into a camera
- High Tech Lobby:Large interactive screens in the lobby that enable guests to find a meeting room in the hotel, a restaurant in the neighborhood or an event at a nearby venue and print out directions
- Room sensors: are devices that detects changes in quantities and provides a corresponding output, generally as an electrical or optical signal. In the hospitality industry the room sensors helps in various ways like maintaining the temperature of the rooms, transmitting information to the front desk, etc. The company offers various products which include a combination of RFID locks and the use of the RFID key cards for triggering the energy saver.
- Interactive Customer Experience technology for the iPad .can use it to program wake up calls, order room service, order your car from valet parking or check your bill before you check out. But you can also use it to source Time Out to find out what’s going on in town or where to eat, or Open Table to make a restaurant reservation. It’s just an easy way to do a lot of the things you ordinarily do in a hotel on a single device.
With smart phones penetration reaching 10 million last year in India, one out of three urban Indian internet user has access to mobile phone applications.
for more information visit travel and tourism institute in india