The total online advertising market in India, comprising search, display, mobile, social media, email and video advertising was valued at INR 1,750 Crores in FY 2011-12 and has grown to INR 2,260 Crores in year 2012-13.
It is projected that by the end of 2014, the size of the online advertising market in India will be INR 2,938 Crores. On an average, the online ad market have been growing at 40% year-on-year basis from FY 2010-2011 to FY 2013-2014.The graph below showcases the growth trend in the online advertising market in India.
Money spent on Digital Media:
The online advertising market in India is projected to reach Rs 2,938 crore by 2014, according to the findings of Digital Advertising in India report, by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and IMRB International.
- As in 2012, search and display advertising continued to form a large portion of the overall pie in FY 2012-2013. However, their percentage share has declined somewhat owing to the rise in the mobile, social media and video advertising.
- Even though traditional media like television and newspapers still remain the preferred media for seeking information and entertainment and hog more than 80% of the advertising market in India, the Internet has been steadily increasing its share of the advertising pie.
- Spends on digital media have steadily increased from just over 1% of total Indian advertising spend in the year 2005 to nearly 7% in 2012.
- Advertisements on mobile phones and tablets have grown from a 7% share in FY 2011-2012 to 10% of the Indian online ad market in FY 2012-2013, totaling to spend of around Rs 230 crore.
- Social media, email and video advertising constitute 13% (Rs 300 crore), 3% (Rs 68 crore) and 7% (Rs150 crore) of the online advertising market, respectively.
- The BFSI, travel and automobile sectors continue to be the top 3 spenders in online advertising. Increased spending by e-commerce players has been one of the highlights of the online advertising industry in FY 2011-12. Their share of spends is estimated to decline in 2012-13.
OLX was the top advertiser in India in terms of Display Ad impressions; according to a report published by com Score on India’s online advertising landscape using data from its Ad Metrix service. OLX had 1.38 billion display ad impressions, followed by Amazon with 493 million, Google with 431 million, Jabong with 427 million, Microsoft with 350 million, Myntra with 302 million and Dell with 299 million.
According to the report, 96 billion ad impressions were delivered across Indian websites in this quarter alone. More than 3,900 advertisers ran online ad campaign campaigns in September and on an average, each online Indian was exposed to more than 395 ads in the that month alone.
Bigst categories: As far as Indian advertisers are concerned, online media firms was the biggest category with 23%, followed by multi-category (19%), retail (18%), computers and tech (8%), telecom (5%), finance (5%), travel (3%), automotive (3%) and other categories formed only 2% or less. These companies got a total of Rs 380 crore worth ad impressions in September alone, from 30.2 billion ad views.
for more information visit media and entertainment colleges